Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

Last night as Kevin was upholding our annual tradition of reading the Nativity story to our boys, I was mixed with emotion. First and foremost I was feeling incredibly blessed. I get to be the wife of a wonderful man and caring father. I also get to be the mother of two sweet and caring boys who know the TRUE meaning of Christmas.

Next my mind wondered to Cheyenne. It was about 10:30pm our time, so that means it was already Christmas morning where she is. I was sad to know that she would not be experiencing the spirit of Christmas the way we had and will continue to have over the next couple of days, with food and laughs but most of all with the unconditional love of a family. Sure, to her, the other kids in the orphanage are probably like family. Also, based on pictures they just sent us, it appears as if they have some of their own ways of celebrating Christmas...but a forever family is much different.

Then, I was hopeful of 2017 and not only Christmas but of all the "firsts" she will have with us.

Now, it's about 1:30pm on Christmas Day. Our boys had a blast opening their gifts and I am taking a break from our busy cooking schedule in order to write this blog. I know that Christmas is over in China and Cheyenne is probably fast asleep. I wonder if she got to make any Christmas wishes.

For me, my Christmas wish for her is that she will stay healthy and warm until we get to bring her home!




No comments:

Post a Comment